Why should I consider Short-Term Care protection?
If you understand the need for Long-Term Care insurance, but find the premiums too expensive, a Short-Term Care plan from Bankers Fidelity Life® may be the answer.
Average cost per year in a nursing home in 2011 in the US was:
- Private Room - $239 per day / $87,235 per year
- Semi-Private Room - $214 per day / $78,110 per year
Source: Results of study from Mature Market Institute 2011, Oct. 2011
According to the official US Goverment Site for People with Medicare (HHS.gov)
- Medicare will pay some nursing home costs under certain limited conditions
- Services must be from a Medicare certified skilled nursing home AFTER a qualifying state of at least 3 days
- Medicare generally doesn't pay for Long-Term Care
- Medicare doesn't pay for help with activities of daily living or other care that most people can do themselves
Medicare approved nursing home stay:
- Nothing for the first 20 days
- Up to $144.50 per day for days 21-100 (for 2012)
- All charges after 100 days
Consider the benefits* of a Short-Term Care Policy from Bankers Fidelity Life®
Covers all Levels of Care
Your Short-Term Care policy provides coverage for any level of care including custodial care.
No Prior Hospitalization Required
You may enter the nursing facility directly from your home; there is no pre-hospitalization requirement.
Flexible Benefits Tailored to Your Needs and Budget
Select from daily benefits of $20* to $300. Choose from benefit periods of 180 days or 360 days, with a 20** day elimination period to either option.
*$30 minimum in GA. **30 days in TN.
Full Restoration of Benefits*
Following a confinement in a nursing home, and after you have been confinement-free for six (6) consecutive months, 100% of any benefits paid are restored*.
Full Benefits Paid for Alzheimer's Disease
Cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer's disease, senile dementia, Parkinson's disease are covered the same as any other illness.
Broad Definition of Coverage
Short-Term Care benefits are paid when you are unable to perform any two of five Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
Guaranteed Renewable for Life
Your policy can never be cancelled by the company as long as your premiums are paid on time.
*Restoration of Benefits not availabe in DE. Limited availability in NM and PA - only available on 180 day benefit period.